Friday, June 11, 2010

A Restaurant experience

Whenever a person enters a restaurant he seeks food of his choice.But for me its not the same.
Like the last time when i visited,i found out my choice of placing an order was totally dependent on what a person sitting before me ordered.

So more or less i am a very less prepared for ordering something from the menu.

I returned from college, tired and alone.Whenever i am down,the best thing that accompanies me is food.So planning for an evening snack in the local restuarant was all i could think of.It was a fast-food restuarant which has a bar on the top floor.I wanted to eat just an egg-roll.I sat on a table in the ground floor and waited for someone to take my order.

There was a lone man in a table before me who sat looking at me when the waiter arrived at his table with a large plate of mixed-chowmein.Simultaneously there arrived another waiter who arrived from behind me.

My decision of eating an egg roll simply got influenced by the smell of mixed chowmein that lay before the man in front of me and i placed my order.Was it a sudden impulse or a craze over the smell of the food in the front table that drove me to order chowmein instead of egg roll, i will never understand.But only one thing i am certain.I just wanted to eat chowmein that was served to the person in front of me.

When i returned home i began to think, was there any other phenomena that drives a person to order something that he does not intend to eat but eats it by seeing someone eating the same.Maybe it could be induction effect.If a person thinks deeply,theres more to that.Food is food,be it in any form.It just needs good cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment