Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Confused State

Just like the legendary 'Devdas' got spoilt drinking milk (read alcohol) after his long lasting girlfriend left him for another man ,theres another tragic story of a man i know who is Devdas of this age.
His relationship with his girlfriend lasted for about 4 years.His name was 'X 'while the girl of his dream was 'Y'.Y's dad is our family friend.I do not meet my friend X on a regular basis so i know that the couple are doing fine.
But few days ago when i find Y's marriage invitation card in my house i am the least bothered to read who she is getting married to.I just read the date and venue of the marriage.
On the marriage day I enter the reception hall to find my friend X in a dress typically resembling the guests of the house.When i ask him what are the plans for honey-moon he says "I dunno what to do,friend".
I am a bit surprised with his behavior.A few yards before us the marriage ceremony just started and my friend X stood before me.I got a bit confused.Did i come to the wrong marriage ???
I turned around and looked back at him.My friend X had a tear in his eye.
I was now clear what the confusion was about.I said "Do you need help?" to which he politely replied

"ITS JUST A SPEC OF DUST IN MY EYE".      

No comments:

Post a Comment