Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why MBA?

Well it is the most significant question asked in a b.school interview.Well here are some reasons why i would want to do an MBA.

I had been doing a summer training in PWC,kolkata.It was a 9 to 5 routine everyday.One day I arrived on time in my seat,turned on my computer and started working on my assignments.On that day i realised that i was missing something.I looked around.Some of the empoyees had a private cabin while some had an access-limited cabin.I wondered what was going on.Why was my seat in the open space while the few of them shared such aristrocracy.I began enquiring about these esteemed employees.It did not take a long time for me to raelise that i was very curious that day.
Curiousity got the better half of me.I wanted to know
1.how the work force,money,profits were distributed
2.why in a bilion's population only these people were woring in PWC.
3.how does the compnay manage the everyday resources.
4.how the branches of PWC are coordinated.
4.who is handling the employee facilities like transportation,food,lavatories.   
5.so many people writing something on their computer,some creating codes and softwares.where do they go to.
6.who decides what salary a person must get.
Its not just curiousity that is the driving force behind my pursuit for MBA,i have other reasons as well.Well i have a long term goal of starting up a business(and not self employment).For that i need to have capital.I need direction, i need relevant information, i need networking.In short i need to know a company in-and-out.For all these reasons i need to do MBA.

Doing an MBA from a reputed B school is very important.There are several reasons why
1. B schools are supposed to be a constant information source.
2. Interaction with corporate leaders gives a first hand opinion about them.Reading their biography often makes us blend with the author's opinion,so forming an independent opinion gets restricted.
3.There is an atmosphere where innovation is developing and like minded people are bringing it to existence giving shape.Dont you want to be a part of it?
4.Fierce competetion will definitely compel you to manage time in an efectively.Some people call competetions self awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment