Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How i spend my summer vacations,2009(Time Management)

Well there was a time i did not know the java programming language.Now i do.All thanks to Mindtree Pvt ltd.(MT)

There was a one month break between 6th and 7th semester in my college.Since i was preparing for CAT exams,i thought this was the best time for preparations.But MT offered us a Remote Internship programme(RIP) for 2 month duration.I was already a temporary employee at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC) by the time i came to know it,yet I volunteered to co-ordinate the Mindtree programme.

There was another friend of mine,Ayan Modak who co coordinated this event alongside me.MT selected 24 students and i was also in the list.

PWC had some office timings (10am to 6pm) i had to maintain. And  MT's programme was RIP based,which meant i had to report to my Project Mentor,Miss Madhumala Sonkamblemadanlal (an employee of MT,Bangalore) each and every day via emails.

So now came the question of Time Management.I bravely ventured in this programme not knowing what would be the output.

Initially i was in a group of 3 students in PWC, and in a group of 3 different students in MT.Some days later,a fellow group member of MT was rejected from the programme because of his absence.It gave me sickness because i always feared not being able to do all of them.

I started spending more hours towards our MT project after PWC office hours for 2 reasons.1st is that there was very little time and 2nd is that i had lost a group member in MT and our group comprised of 2 members only.

Ayan Modak and myself.We were 2 idiots staring at each other each and every day not knowing how to begin our project at MT and that too in a language we were not aware of ie JAVA.

Sometimes i was too frustrated because i had to attend coaching classes as well(for CAT exam).Finally out of the 24 students only 16 of us completed the various projects assigned to us from MT.Check out some of our faces.I am in 3rd from left in the last row.Ayan Modak is 2nd from left in the same row.


Even after rigorous hard work,pain,sleepless nights and completion of 2 projects i could not feel the sigh of relief ,i had pressures.My preparations for CAT exam was still going on and my college  reopened after the summer break.There was so much stress during the vacations.

I had not seen a movie,not even talked at any of my friends/gfs because i knew i would have to go out for tea/snacks/outing with them.So i had closed all the doors of socializing and entertainment at that moment.

It was the most memorable vacation break ever.In my blog titled "Project at Mindtree(MT) "i have described the projects i undertook.


No comments:

Post a Comment